Search our site:
Be creative and use this Bible scavenger hunt as a way to share the Gospel and God's love! It's one thing for kids or youth to sit and listen to a sermon or lesson, but another for them to be actively engaged and having fun while learning important truths about God's love for us!
Photo by Guduru Ajay bhargav from Pexels
We selected 15 items of medium difficulty for this Bible scavenger hunt. We wanted to make it fun, but also possible for those participating to get the whole message of God's love and the Gospel.
Either print one sheet for each group or write each object on an envelope which contains the "treasure" message and Bible verse about God's love. To make it a little more difficult, number them so that they must find them in order.
Photo by @thiszun - Pexels
As you will notice the explanations for the Bible scavenger hunt include truths about God's love, but also truth about relationships in general and how God's love goes beyond. Youth that already know Christ will be encouraged and challenged to love others as God has loved them.
Participants will learn they are unique and treasured by God. They will also discover truths about God's character and how He expresses His love ultimately through the Gospel.
Find a printable version of both the Bible scavenger hunt items and messages at the bottom.
1. Mirror - Look in the mirror and realize how special you are; there is no one else exactly like you! God says – “For You were made in My image.” Genesis 1:27 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14
2. Windmill or wind chimes - We can’t see the wind, but we know it is there. We can feel it and see it move things. We know we need it to breathe! In a similar way, we can’t see God, but we can know He is all around us; we need Him too! "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities..." Romans 1:20a
3. A Song - Stop and listen to or sing a song together! You bring God so much joy, He sings over you! “The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
4. A Sparrow (or small bird) – Sparrows may be small, but God cares for even the smallest of creatures. More than animals, God cares for and watches over you! “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Matthew 10:29-31
5. Calendar – God has plans and a purpose for your life! “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:16 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord...” Jeremiah 29:11-14a
6. Something Broken – When we are sad or brokenhearted, God will come close and comfort us if we ask. We can do the same for others; just being near or listening can help a friend that is sad. Being kind to others can bring healing. “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18
7. Rose or Flower with Petals – A flower can be so beautiful just like a young heart. Begin taking the petals off the flower one by one. Is it still beautiful? Would you want to give the flower to someone special now? Relationships can do the same to our heart if we begin giving parts of our heart to the wrong person or too many people before we are ready to give it to that special someone one day. We need to guard our hearts from bad influences, but we can trust God with our heart. “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” Proverbs 4:23
8. Glass/Bottle of Water – More than likely your mom taught you not to drink after other people, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone to spit into your glass of water! It’s important to be careful. If they were sick, they would be sharing their germs with you! In a similar way, it’s important we choose our friends carefully. What they do will influence what we do either in a good way or a bad way. “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
9. Eraser – Write your name; now scribble over it. Sometimes it feels like others (friends or family) scribble all over our life. It can cause us to feel angry, hurt, neglected, unloved. If we hold on to our anger and hurt though, it will turn into bitterness. Bitter tastes bad; it makes our life taste bad to us and others. The best way to handle it is to forgive. Use the eraser to erase the scribble marks. Forgiveness is a choice to let go of the hurt or anger and let it be erased away. Forgiveness restores a relationship. God will do this for us when we hurt Him and do wrong if we will ask. “If we confess our sins (agree with God that we are wrong), He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
10. Twenty-Dollar Bill – How much is a twenty-dollar bill worth? Wad it up into a ball; even with all the crumpling, is it still worth the same? Could it still be useful? Would you still want it? Real love doesn’t change because of what someone does or doesn’t do; it’s based on the fact they are valued and cared for. Real love doesn’t give up because of a little crumpling. God will never quit loving you because you get crumpled or mess up; His love for you is an everlasting love! “But God demonstrated His own love toward us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 God didn’t wait for us to do everything right and clean ourselves up; Jesus had already decided He valued us enough to die in our place.
11. Fire or Flame – Just like fire, our words can warm and do good or can burn and harm others. We need to be careful with our words like we are careful with fire. “Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.” James 3:5 “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” Proverbs 15:1
12. Eyeglasses – Glasses help us see better. Sometimes life can seem blurry and confusing, but God wants us to see clearly hope is found in Him because of Jesus. Hope reminds us that this is not all there is; God wants to give us abundant life now and life forever with Him. “ I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe.“ Ephesians 1:18-19a
13. Painting – Find the artist’s signature on the painting. The painting did not paint itself. It couldn’t. In the same way, we cannot make ourselves “good enough” to get to Heaven. God has done it for us though; our Creator has already provided the gift we need. Eternal life is ours to accept or not. We were created to be God’s handiwork, His masterpiece. He created us for beauty and purpose by His own hands. “ For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:8-10
14. A Wrapped Gift – Think about a gift wrapped up for you under the Christmas tree. It may have your name on it and be for you, but until you take it for yourself and receive it, it does you no good. God has given us the most wonderful gift! Put your name in this verse instead of “the world”. “For God so loved the world (YOU!) that He gave His one and only Son (Jesus), that whoever would believe (trust) in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
15. Something New – 2 Corinthians 5:17 tells us – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” – When we accept Jesus as our Lord & Savior, a change takes place! We are forgiven, made new, and He will always be with us!
Allow for time afterward for more discussion and questions. Although this Bible Scavenger Hunt includes the Gospel message, it would be good to have time afterward to talk more about receiving Christ through prayer. Find more creative ways to share the Gospel and how to witness.
Special note: We do preview the websites to which we link, but are unable to peruse them completely. We try to check others' faith statements and make sure they do profess Jesus Christ as God's Son and salvation is found only in Him. It must, however, be your responsibility to personally dig into God's Word and allow the Holy Spirit to be your first and final teacher on all subjects.
"Our website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Let us help you keep up with what's new at Creative Bible Study with free Bible study lessons and ideas straight to your email! Your information will be kept confidential and not be used for solicitation.